What job do y'all do?

I'm a CAD/Project engineer for a company that makes industrial fans, Tunnel ventiallation to kitchen extract.

I basically sit on my arse and draw 3D models all day. Pay is shite though and hopefully will be in a new job in a month or 2 with a 10k pay rise (fingers crossed)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where abouts in Hants are you nick?

Farnborough area' date=' just off J4a of the M3.

[/quote']

Hi Nick, I stay in Fleet, also off J4A of the M3. Will give you a wave on the road if there's a chance. :)

Yeah - drive through Fleet sometimes. Look out for the Cabrio (next month) !!!

Hey Fourmotion' date=' we use Citrix, Metaframe. Hate it, how do you find it? Reminds me of Mainframe/Dumb terminal. Wanna come sort ours out? ;)

[/quote']

Citrix is great (and its easy ;-)) Weve just moved up to presentation server 4 (im on my CCA next week too) Although it can become complicated with an environment such as ours!

It sometimes can be a right nightmare....

Yeah very true, but tarantella is supposed to be a good alternative with regard to cost... A couple of the guys have just started deployment of this... should be fun ;-) And when you try an use single signon/ pass through authentication with hpprotect and windows SE.... trust me.... The problem is we use about 12 products that seriously affect Citrix.. Its all smoke and mirrors hehe... anyway back on subject ;-)

i,m a long distance trucker but not your usual stereotype,

i,ts the only time i will drive 430 bhp and 2,5oo pounds

of torque give me a yorke and fat english breakfast no pays

good but long hours try starting work 2.00 onwards.

• 3 months later...

cnc turner/lathe i now have a new trade repair man(automatikmekanick) for grundfos(big danish company that makes pumps)had loads of jobs fitter in germany for 7 months,fitter in denmark.i nice to have more than one trade

had 3 vr,one golf 1 gti 1.6,one golf4 gti turbo,audi s3 2002 model(had german plates on othervise the price would be 45-50tpounds)one audi s2 avant.

i am 28 years old.as you can se i have had more expensive cars but gone back to the vr(the s2 and s3 where great but theres something about the vr).