190bhp vr6 engine

The 190BHP 2.9 engine was fitted to the Corrado VR6 and Syncro (4x4) versions of the Golf & Passat VR6 in Europe.

All other VR6s (including all FWD Golfs) use the 174BHP 2.8 unit.

VW's Official 0-60 times for the Golf VR6 are very conservative, and it is quite possible that Evo magazine managed to better the official figure when they tested the car. Likewise, the 174BHP power figure is conservative and people often find that their completely standard VRs make more than 180BHP on the rollers.

Likewise' date=' the 174BHP power figure is conservative and people often find that their completely standard VRs make more than 180BHP on the rollers.

[/quote']

Like 193 :D

That's a VERY good figure for a standard VR. Usually you need a chip/remap to get that much!

And the Golf VR6 Syncro was never available in the UK unfortunately. The ones owned by people on here are all LHD imports from Germany.

From past conversations with Vince at Stealth, I understand that post 96 VRs had the later larger throttle body and the same ecu/mapping as the highline. VW never released the new figures although it was thought that pre 96 cars put out 174 bhp and the later ones somewhere in the region of 190.

he started to use kerosine becuase of the fuel prices in the UK....

lol, who could blame me!!

seriously tho, I sold the VR as I had a hankering for a mk2 again. I'd have preferred a 16v but this 8v one was faaar too good to pass up on.

on the day at stealth, there other cars there running shricks, re-maps, (no superchargers mind!). I think in comparison Mr. Bens was running a schrick and got 196 bhp on the day. I'll try and dig the link out to the results thread if i can find it.

on the day at stealth' date=' there other cars there running shricks, re-maps, (no superchargers mind!). I think in comparison Mr. Bens was running a schrick and got 196 bhp on the day. I'll try and dig the link out to the results thread if i can find it.

[/quote']

The Schrick wasn't working though (butterfly was seized at the time), so that's my excuse!!

lol, sorry mate, just using it as a comparison that the figures on the day weren't wildly exaggerated - i.e everyone wasn't putting out high figures - just remember your figure for some reason.

did you get it sorted in the end? is the car running better now?