Vwmk3vr6

Fans don't cool engine

Engine runs at idle fans come on but engine temp rises to 210 and holds but doesn't cool car down to shut off .

Replaced fcm temp sensors water pump heater core did a combustion test so either its the radiator a bad weak upper radiator hose or one of the sensors is still bad??

I did put in a 180f thermostat replacing the 160f one would this cause it? But 180f is oem.

Stumped!!

Replaced aux water pump when first got car had no heat in cabin and while old won turned on it wasn't pumping water and that's why the heater core water pump thermostat and all the sensors were replaced.

Think i will try putting back in the 160f thermostat and see the only thing left is a weak upper hose or radiator itself.

Did you replace the Aux pump yourself? And i would try another stat in that case. Also to mention i have a mk 6 golf which does what you describe my temp would go over 100 and fans would kick in however the temp wouldn't drop, i bled the system and haven't had the issue again

Ye definitely replace it as they can
Fail, mine is under 1 years old and has failed as it sticks in my mk6 golf need to do that then back on to my vr project. Hopefully things work out for you