My mate. Blair???

9/11 was one of the main things that prompted the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq. The extremist movement (read "Al Quaeda") are indirectly responsible for these events, yet use them as justification for further attacks. A perfect example of Violence breeding violence.

I don't buy this "religious struggle" thing. The motivations (on both sides) seem to be political & economic and have nothing to do with religion at all. Religion is just part of the smokescreen that's hiding the truth - it's a struggle for control of the oil, plain and simple.

I just hope they don't stage any more attacks here - any more and we run a high risk of a backlash against Asian/Arabic communities in the UK, and that really would be bad news for everyone...

Some very strong arguments and considered opinions, certainly more than on other sites I have been reading of late where people seem to be clashing heavily with one another on this subject !sad IMO 911 was the catalyst for the lightening strike on Afghanistan and Iraq but the root cause has always been seen to beleived as being one of plain business and politics i.e. the markets and oil. It has often been said that we have a war every 10 years to help shake up a declining stock market. I think the fact that the US has declared itself the 'World Police' doesn't help either, it breeds hatred and contempt towards the western world and as a result many innocents suffer from the backlash as seen in London last Thursday. Cowardly as these terrorists maybe they are also very sadly and most worryingly a formidable enemy. How do you control/stop an a threat that is invisible and one that has no regard for it's own life? What worries me also is that we may well see another Hiroshima in our time but on a much much larger scale. Bush once said words to the effect of 'we will use any tool at our disposal...' Another unfortunate outcome of these events are those small minded racists who attack innocent Muslims, Seikhs and other ethnic religions and their places of worship and mask it as 'justice'. Apologies for the length of this, but it's a subject that's close to my heart, my wife being Seikh, I have to wonder what the future holds for our daughter...

again some interesting opinions here, glad to see that all is being kept clean here, overall i agree with the leaders of muslim councils in uk - we should all be working together at times like these to bring these 'criminal' activities to an end, islam does not encourage such behaviour at all, we are taught to set a good example and embrace peace through our lifestyles. may god bless us all and make this world a safer place.

Couldn't of said it better myself. We all seem to belive in our selves, and we have our own direction, whatever it may be! And allthough we belive in differant things, the out come we wish for sounds to be the same, PEACE.

2ND 2 pence. Don't let fear get in the way of your dreams, Even if you biggest fear, is your biggest dream.

It makes me sad to see posters outside some of the Mosques and other Islamic foundations having to state the fact that they they fiercly oppose these terrorist attacks, for fear that they may suffer racial attacks themselves. The good majority of us know that Islam does not in any way shape or form condone these acts but it is sad that they find themselves having to defend their own religion and right to practice their religion in this country. Those of my friends and colleagues that are Muslim find themselves doing the same in everyday conversation. Here's to peace, hope, and an end to the attrocities that marr our lives.

terrorists are indiscriminate, they have no value for their own lives and will kill maim and injure anybody, what they did on 7/7 was an outrageous act which took ordinary working class people from every walk of life and faith, that is what we all face with these people but they are a minority and however many times they create an attrocity like this they will never stop the freedom of the british way of life and all the cultures and faiths that live within it.

Yet again, yesterday and two weeks to the day... Hardly surprising but thank God their were no fatalities... I work in the West end and park in one of our offices across from Warren St tube. The whole area was cordoned off due to the bomb found on the train and a suspect running into the hospital nearby. Had to leave the car overnight, took ages to get home but their was a real feeling of unity in the air and everyone stopped to talk. People seemed really chilled and just went about their business. The tubes and buses were packed as usual, it was like business as usual. Sadly, the reality is that this is far from over...

shoot them all !!!! if they wanna die then let it be on our terms!! shame the police officers will have that on their concience, but i am sure they can live with it knowing they have destroyed a person intent on killing others, saves the country money if they all go that way?, why fill our prisons with this filth? cost us more money? why allow them some life when they have taken others? i expect some politician in brussels would disagree but they just line their own pockets anyway!! apologies rant over :|

Why not 'Thank God'? It's perfectly reasonable. I'm not overly religious but I do beleive in my religion and know the difference between what's right and what's not and never blame my actions on religion. This isn't a religious war, it's blatant terrorism masked as a 'Holy War'. Each to their own. Agree, shoot the f*ckers.