• 5 weeks later...

I had a Laserline 996 v2 on my gti 16v and it was really good. Never had a problem and it was very easy to use. However it looks like yours was not so reliable!

I have seen laserlines offered with lifetime guarantees though.

I know a few of people who are very impressed with their Clifford Concept 300.

All sorted m8 gone for a TOAD Ai 606 Cat 1 full closer :)

They guy diagnostic tested it and said that the internals of the alarm mechanism was fooked and that the install of the alarm was very amature (Probably bullsh*ting me !dodge )

Anyway was £250 inc of fitting so im happy thx for ur reply m8 :)

no problem, i didn't notice your post was so long ago!

How is the toad? I need a cat 1 alarm asap, i bough my vr6 from vw and the aftermarket cat 1 in it had a fault so they took it out and just reconnected the vw immobiliser!

I miss remote locking and total closure.

I was looking at a clifford because for an extra £140 you can add a remote engine start doo daa. Which is pretty useless but quite cool.

i got a 600 with remote start and it's bloody good!!!!!i dare anyone to try nick my wheels!!!!!or for that matter,nick the car with the engine running and no keys!or better still,nick the car with the engine running and the keys!!!!!!!!not giving away all the tricks it has,but i promise you,you can't nick the car with the keys in the ignition,engine running too!!!!!costly,but worth it.also,if you get the remote start,if you forget to switch your lights off when you go to work,the battery gets low on power,the car will start up to charge it up!how cool is that!?!?!and if you have a/c,imagine how nice your car will feel on a hot sunny afternoon if you get in it 10 minutes after you start it up!?!?!or likewise how warm it would be on a wimter's morning!!!!

Just to add to the debate.

I also had to fit a new alarm, as the factory stuff had gone T**S up, also went for the Toad Ai606, have to admit I had a couple of problems soon after it was fitted, (I was locked out a couple of times ~:( ), this was down to the receiver ariel being incorrectly fitted, as after repositioning, it has caused me no problems at all :) .

concept 600 not cat one if intellistart fitted, sounds like you have blackjax enabled again not cat one when functioning also low voltage start not cat one if declaring your 600 as cat one be carefull if car goes missing. if found and checked by insurance company no payout, does have loads of cool features though. manage a sextons in south wales and to be honest try to avoid fitting clifford, too many comebacks. if you want all the gadgets clifford is tops, reliability wise hardly ever get any toad stuff back

but thats the whole point!no one can nick my car even though with all the gadgets on it and it stops it from being cat 1!!!would rather keep my car than lose it!ask six appeal about the day he gott run off the road to nick his car off him!if he had my alarm,he could have opened the door,legged it and with the engine still running,they could not have knicked it!!!!instead he wrote of 2 tyres,and a rim if i remember rightly!!!!!

i agree with you concept 6 awesome in terms of features just some people have to have alarm for insurance. seen too many people gutted after have inspected car recovered by insurance and telling them their alarm not cat one cos of legislation and getting no payout. have had concept 6 on one of my cars but was not an insurance requirement. you would be surprised at the number of companies who do not inform people of what can invalidate cat one in order to get more cash out of them

Clifford alarms when fitted with all the add-ons tend to run your battery flat if you leave the car standing too long. The Toad system is much better in this respect.

Grayo94, do you have a link to the insurance legislation you referred to? My Insurance Company never told me about this. Sneaky gits.