Gearbox issues

VR6 gearboxes should be able take 300 BHP all day long... of course could be a few different things and seems a broad statement to say gearbox has gone...

You are best removing the box, but can pick them up cheap enough second hand and DIY job to replace.

I would be checking out the clutch fork first of all as they are prone to crack resulting in similar symptoms to that you have reported.

Would always recommend a rebuild if possible and replace those troublesome diff rivets with ARP bolts - you know where you are with a rebuild, but with any second hand box, its unknown so you could be going around in circles - but generally boxes are OK unless you are launching it off the line every where :) 

Is there an inspection point or does the box need to come off. I'm no mechanic but have friend who can help. Also if it's a fork what does that mean I need to replace the whole clutch or something else as its a uprated clutch. If anyone lives near me fordingbridge and wants to make some money they are more than welcome to come tell me what's wrong :-).