DVSA guidance on stretched tyres

So the way forward is to keep a set of half decent runners you can throw on for the MOT. I spoke to a copper recently (he's my mate) about stretched tyres and there no law to say you can't run stretched tyres. He said the most they can do is issue you with a ticket to take to an Mot station to have them checked. I then spoke to the Mot tester next door to work about it and he said as long as the tread of the tyre sits fully on the floor and is of the legally required tread and there is no splits or cracks to the walls he will pass them.

To be honest in the interest of safety I have to agree to some extent.  I had seriously stretched rubber on my Mullberry Highline and it seriously lacked grip.  My current one had slightly stretched which was better although I just replaced them with 4 full size yokies and it sticks like a bitch now!

I think moderation and with the use of common sense a little stretch would be okay but sometimes people are just daft with it!  I think really daft camber would be a riskier affair and in my opinion a lot shitter on the eyeballs!

Each to their own though!