Wrapping downpipes

What's people's thoughts on wrapping downpipes especially stainless? 

I did it on my 20vt mk2 to try keep the heat in  and as didn't want it affecting the fresh paint in the bay but after only roughly 9000 miles in 4 years mainly in the dry the thing has rotted away and I blew a  big hole in it!  

It was a qpeng ko4 conversion downpipe and after going on there website originally to find out where to complain to I noticed that they do recommend not to wrap there downpipes must be for this reason! 

After looking into wrapping downpipes causing corrosion it would seem that it is a problem as the wrap traps moisture against the exhaust and causes corrosion I did read people recommended just wrapping to the underside of the car then stopping due to this problem but I had only wrapped to just above steering rack and it still rotted my downpipe away 

so yeah what has everyone else done wrap wise? 

I think that if I wrap my vrt downpipe and my 20vt one (once I've made one!) I'll only be doing a small section at the very top! 

They can be messy things, ceramic coating seems to be the preferred choice - like you said though, physics ad chemistry will teach you that everything is made up of elements - the nickle's added as the anti corrosion agent but oxidisation and so on will change that!