I have a 92 vr6 golf, and sometimes when im driving along the road, the car seems to chock its self, and then suddenly go so its sort of like kangrooin?! but it always clears its self,

Have changed fuel filter, checked carbon filter, cleaned air filter ( induction cone ), cleaned air mass sensor, cleaned throttle body etc...

The car is quite high mileage 160K but it is serviced regularly, I have it in auto trader today so would like to try and sort.

PS i only do about 2 miles a day in town drivin, could it be that the car just needs used more often?!

Think it has been chipped as well.

Cheers guys

when was the last time you changed the leads and spark plugs?

I changed my plugs a day ago to the bosch platin, they seem to make a worlds difference from the vw plugs they put in when u get it serviced.

Maybe your plugs or leads need change, have a look at ur plugs.

Leads only changed 1000 miles ago plugs are new and are denso, which are way better than the bosch i first had and then the VW ones which were guff.

only place to plug in is VW garage in this area and its 60 miles away and only open during the week, im only off at weekends, I think its more a fuel problem, it seems to only have done since I nearly ran out of fuel a few months ago.