korsou

17x8 wheels, rubbing?

Hello Gents,

As some of you know I am looking for wheels for me MK3 VR6. I have come across some nice wheels but they are 17x8.

Do any of you know if these will rub once I lower my car? I am not planning on going really really low. Also, I have bought the Brembo 323mm brakes for my car. Do these fit in any 17" wheel?

Thanks as always for all the help,

Korsou

Hello Gents,

Thank you very much to all for your awesome help. I have found some cool wheels, which I will probably end up buying.

Can anyone please confirm if any 17" wheel will fit the 323mm Brembo brakes? The ET for the wheels is 35mm and 17x7.5

Thanks again for the AWESOME help.

Have a great one,

Korsou

Wheels.jpg

Edited by korsou

There's no way of knowing until you try them. Some wheels of the same size fit different to others, for example Compmotive and team dynamics will usually have more clearance than the same size BBS. It's all down to the profile of the back of the spokes.

Hello matty.vrt,

Thanks for your response. In that case worst case senario would require a spacer to have to wheels fit further out right? 

Do you know if they will fit in 17" wheels though?

Hello All,

Hope all are having a great weekend so far.

I have received my wheels !!!!!! Yuhuuuuuuuuu !!!!

Do you guys think I should go with 205/40/17 or with 2015/40/17 tires?

Thanks for the help !!!

20160227_100210.jpg

215 is the minimum recommended width for a 8j rim and worked really well for me.

205 would physically fit and would give that show car stretched look. Performance would obviously be compromised slightly but really it's all down to taste.