Which type of bushes to go for?

I need to change the suspension bushes on both the front and rear.

Just wanting to gain your knowledge on the different types.

Is it just a choice of O.E. or Poly?

Do the poly ones make the ride harsher?

I have the Gmax suspension kit (springs and shocks) and Neuspeed Arbs :D

I can cope with the current level of comfort but don't want to loose any more.

Whats your thoughts?

is pretty simple. if you get OE ones, you should feel better ride quality than your old tired ones, and with your suspension setup should feel no loss in suspension performance. if you go poly, you will find most stones feel like rocks and every pothole feels like a punch from tyson, lol. but you will have much better suspension/steering response.

if i had your setup id go oe.

I put the arbs on when it was still on standard suspension set up and they made a load of difference, but yet don't the the comfort remains. I would definitely recommend them to anybody.

I went for the Neuspeed after reading lots of threads on this web page. One of the main advantages that I was told about was the heavy duty front drop links that are supplied with the Neuspeed, but not the Eibach.

When they arrived I found there weren't any drop links supplied. After much chasing I found that Neuspeed do make drop links but NOT for the VR6, which are a different style to to the rest of the golf range.

If I was buying again, knowing this info, I would go for the Eibach's as they are significantly cheaper!

Tyres are 205/45/16, Toyo T1-R - They are great!

A leap of difference in performance on the Mitchelin Pilots that were on before.

You will need a 5mm spacer for each wheel on the rear to fit the alloys to your car (otherwise the alloy centre cap hits the bearding hub cap).

p.s. - Need to get a new photo now it's lowered on the gmax kit!