Clutch won't fully engage

Ok so i just bought a VR which was advertised on here, now i have just had the clutch n flywheel replaced only to find that the pedal and bite point of the clutch are extremely high and the clutch slip in every gear.... any advice or ideas on what this fault could be? cheers guys

can you clarify where on the inside of the casing you're getting the number? as far as I know, 4 cylinder versions of the O2A are not compatible with VR6.

as far as the clutch catching at the top of the pedal and sipping gears, the clutch needs to be bled. it can be tricky to get all the air bubbles out. with a brand new clutch and flywheel the clutch pedal should be engage very low to the floor

U don't need to disconnect the clutch hydraulics just unbolt the slave only box that fits other than oem is v5 mk4 but that has to have the holes made bigger for the starter motor, as for it not being bleed right normally u wouldn't able me to engage the gears as the clutch don't clear.

Edited by mattvr6

the theory behind the clutch not being properly bled is that if any air bubbles are trapped in the line, it will prevent the slave cylinder rod from returning to its "full disengaged" position. even a slight bit of air will cause problems for its clutch engagement. I always use a Motive Power Bleeder but before I had one I would reverse bleed the slave cylinder by pumping brake fluid into the nipple on the slave with an old school oil can with the hand pump on top.. the idea is to force the brake fluid into the lowest point of the system, thus pushing any trapping air out through the brake reservoir.

the symptoms of slipping clutch combined with the high pedal engagement still leads me to believe it's a hydraulic issue. assuming that the pressure plate was replaced along with the clutch and the flywheel has a fresh machined surfaced it is unlikely a brand new clutch would slip unless clutch disc has somehow glazed. it still wouldn't explain the high pedal engagement. I suspect that slave cylinder seal has torn and is allowing air to be drawn into the system with every push of the pedal.

thanks guys for all your replys, ive bled the system replaced the oil kept bleeding until nothing but oil, now the bite point is half way which i think is about right although this is only the 2nd one i have owned, i bought the silver L reg that was advertised on here.

seems to be running sweet as a nut now, does need a remap though.