I'm swapping ecus long story but the part number from the new/used one matches mine same engine same year. It appears to be made only a couple hundred after mine. The guy I bought it from has the pin code too so... Does it still need to be programmed? And keys coded ? I don't have to immobilizer delete if I have the pin do I? I don't want someone with vagcom to rip me off just because I don't know what is involved. Thanks Jessica

what year is your car

early obd1 cars did not have an immobiliser

the later ones did

if your car has an immobiliser you will have to delete it on the ECU

or match your keys to the new immobiliser

or get the keys ,ignition barrel and key reader and security box from the car the ECU came from

if its obd1 distributor it should be plug and play

I'm swapping ecus long story but the part number from the new/used one matches mine same engine same year. It appears to be made only a couple hundred after mine. The guy I bought it from has the pin code too so... Does it still need to be programmed? And keys coded ? I don't have to immobilizer delete if I have the pin do I? I don't want someone with vagcom to rip me off just because I don't know what is involved. Thanks Jessica

what year is your car

early obd1 cars did not have an immobiliser

the later ones did

if your car has an immobiliser you will have to delete it on the ECU

or match your keys to the new immobiliser

or get the keys ,ignition barrel and key reader and security box from the car the ECU came from

if its obd1 distributor it should be plug and play