Compression ratios

Hi guys

It's been ages since I worked on my engine side of things and when it was last built it (5 years ago ) I had help.

Might sound silly but just want to clarify, at the mo I just have a de-comp plate bringing the ratio down to 8-5-1. Now if I bought forged Pistons (wossner) with the ratio of 8-5-1 dose that mean I can loose the de-comp plate and just use a normal head gasket again or am I missing something ?

Thanks

That's right you won't need the de comp plate

In my opinion depending on how much boost you want to run I'd look in to having a slightly higher compression ratio 9-1/9.5-1 if you going with forged Pistons

Plus there is going to be a group buy on Pistons and rods

Also while your pulling the block apart I'd also get the whole lot balanced with the new Pistons

Currently I just run 1.5 bar of boost and it's been standard internals for all this time and been really good to me n I genuinely thrash it lol but I think I melted something inside as I was racing 2 r1s and it's never been the same felt really low on power but if you recon I could up the compression to that then il look into it

With the group buy I will defo be interested in that

And ok yeah I was goin to spend some time Onit doing it all correctly

Turbo is a hx40 off a Cummings genny 540cc injectors 1.5 bar boost and mega squirt for management but I would like to go stand alone soon only reason I havenot is just that it's always worked and engine is totally standard except the spacer plate

Mega squirt is ok if it's working and worked so far

Who does the mapping for you?

If you get 8.5-1 C/R Pistons and use the metal head gasket it should bump up the compression slightly

How about the exhaust? Is it 3' does the wast gate join in to the exhaust or you get a screamer pipe?

Yeah that's what I've heard and he used to be on this fourm but I lost his number and have never found him again but it was 5 years ago lol but I Rember him retarding the timing and it run more rich so it was more of a safe map and ok cool when was you guys lookin at buying rods and Pistons and yeah 3" turbo back and yeah the W.G goes back into the exhaust, when I tried a screamer pipe it lost so much power :/ and I hated the noise to be honest