Joining The Police..

I want to join the police! Is anyone one else in the job on here? I work in IT at the moment & it is boring me to death!

I want to apply & join asap but its so popular at the moment with people like me joining most forces have a recruitment freeze.

Any tips etc?

Dont know how many other vr6 owners are coppers? but i am!!!!!!! very worthy career 8o) bit of book bashing and procedure but good varied job! (and you can get away with driving at 159 mph :D ) only joking ;) would you be trying to join kent police seademon? they have just changed training criteria, you now do a college degree at canterbury christchurch college over your 2 year probation period, but you do all sorts during that time not just college! they even let you loose on the public every now and then! theres nothing like a friday/saturday night to keep you busy! the things people do! :@ you get a nice hat too! a white one if you go to the "black rats" in the traffic dept! must dash "traffic cops" is on bbc 1!

I've been thinking about it for ages and I've always wanted to do it but the shift work put me off but I know a couple of people that have joined the met police and they absolutely love it & im missing out but theres no way in at the mo! Doesnt look as if anyones recruiting at the moment Purple Monster but I'd like to join the Kent police yeah - any tips to get in ;0) Some of the stories my friends have talked about sound amazing & I really wanna do it now! :0) Sick of my dull job, same thing every day, all day - its not challenging anymore and need something to get stuck into!

If you really want to join keep ringing to find out when the recruitment will start again, i can give you some good pointers when you get your application & interview, fitness and all that, no easy ways in im afraid but i am sure most people would love it! even the crooks think its a good job %-6 ! shifts are 10 hours so its not too gutty and you arent flat out busy all that time ;) you get loads of time off and get to use someone elses petrol!!!!! you deal with good and bad, and no day is ever the same! and no i dont eat donuts! !shy but they are nice!

Dont know how many other vr6 owners are coppers? but i am!!!!!!! very worthy career 8o) bit of book bashing and procedure but good varied job! (and you can get away with driving at 159 mph :D ) only joking ;) would you be trying to join kent police seademon? they have just changed training criteria' date=' you now do a college degree at canterbury christchurch college over your 2 year probation period, but you do all sorts during that time not just college! they even let you loose on the public every now and then! theres nothing like a friday/saturday night to keep you busy! the things people do! :@ you get a nice hat too! a white one if you go to the "black rats" in the traffic dept! must dash "traffic cops" is on bbc 1!

[/quote']

Hey I hope your not gonna grass us all up confessing about what speed we do in our cars !shy

I must admin when I applied it was the traffic and the mounted sections of the force which appealed to me. And to be fair i really dont think I would have been cut out for the abuse you poor peeps get in town on a friday and saturday night. Mind you some kind copper let me play with his tronsion (cant spell !shy ) one saturday in Torquay that was fun :P

your secrets are safe with me !amazed' date=' no evidence! signed confessions only :P quite like the idea of mounted policing but its only the met and city of london near me who have those !sad as for playing with policemans truncheons! thats outrageous (its new name is ASP baton) which i think means "AV SUM PAIN" :P

[/quote']

Teehe he so have you ever used your on anyone?