dropping a corrado 2.9 coilpack engine into my dizzy golf vr6 - how do i remove this bolt? AHHHHHHH!

hi guys my golf vr6 2.8 engine is smokey and it runs on a dizzy, the corrado 2.9 engine i am putting in runs on a coilpack. so i need to remove the sprocket bolt from my current golf 2.8 dizzy engine to put the dizzy bracket on the corrado 2.9 engines sprocket.

this bolt is extremely tight, how to i get it off without slipping the chains and mucking up the timing?

also that bracket, is there a certain way it goes onto my new corrado 2.9 engine or can i just put it on any way???

also is it a normal threaded bolt and the thread is not the other way?? 

timing_zpswpc5cxtx.jpg

Edited by paceo

Take off the rocker cover and hold the cam steady with a set of adjustables or right size spanner where it's hex'ed on the actuall cam shaft. The bolt is a normal thread,lefty loosey righty tightey.

It will be tight and awkward to get by yourself as 1 one hand will be pushing the other will be pulling!

Not sure what the metal bit in the dizzy hole is, never seen it before. It's not of the brown bit on the bottom of the dizzy is it?

The pronged bit that's bolted to cam sprocket that the dizzy locates into is notched and only fits into the sprocket 1 way.

Edited with a picture of the possible metal clip that should be attached to the bottom of the dizzy.post-89010-0-28028100-1427910788_thumb.jpost-89010-0-28028100-1427910788_thumb.j

Edited by sleepymike

thanks mike i guess i will need to use the whole golf sprocket on the corrado engine, as the corrado engines cam sprocket does not have anything grooved in it for the dizzy bracket to go??

take it i need to set both engines to TDC so the dizzy bracket is in exactly the same place and position when i put it on the corrado engine? or wont it mess the firing order up?

Yeah it's good practice to put the engine to tdc as you will be removing the chain tensioner bolt and a cam sprocket so it will be easier to set the timing and make sure it's right again.

The dizzy holes are offset so they will only locate when in the right place, if it won't slide in easily then don't force it just turn the rotar arm 180deg and it should slip on.