Hi what are people running for injectors and fuel pump wise on turbo 12 valves? I've got a garret gt3582r turbo so I'm sure it'll get enouph air but I'm after a decent fuel set up now. I know theres the Walbro 255 and bosch pump but was wondering if anything is now the done thing. want a set up which will have room for improvement in the future. I hear Siemens are now the in thing??

Custom Black Ops spec 750cc's - fastest on the market.

We're in discussions about making these direct fit for the 12V VRT's too at the moment as they need wiring and fitment mods for the 12v.

They do the Blue Knights now to for the 12V but I think those are ME7 mk4's the US got.

Under the car is usually a good place for fuel pumps, keeps the noise down and gives them a bit of air flow - the Deatschwerks surge tank/fuel pump combo is out soon and will be testing them out too!  ;)

Edited by RBPE
  • 2 weeks later...

I used Mazda RX8 injectors and the usual Walbro 255l/h drop in.  That lot was fine for 400hp and those injectors had the best atomisation available at the time (circa 2010), which is important if you want a smooth idle and low speed manners with short runners (slower gas speeds at low rpms).

I also tried an IE external surge tank with an 044 in it and it was noisy as hell, but such things are subjective I suppose.

I used Mazda RX8 injectors and the usual Walbro 255l/h drop in.  That lot was fine for 400hp and those injectors had the best atomisation available at the time (circa 2010), which is important if you want a smooth idle and low speed manners with short runners (slower gas speeds at low rpms).

I also tried an IE external surge tank with an 044 in it and it was noisy as hell, but such things are subjective I suppose.

What you running now for the fuel pump? I like the Black Ops injectors, they're 4 hole pintle's too so really good atomisation - quite expensive though. Apparently they do them in direct fit but I am sure they were the thinner EV6 style they showed me but according to 5-O they are direct fit for the VR6's.

These are the dead times for the more popular injectors used;

Injector%20Dead%20Times_zpsdidtthnm.jpg

Edited by RBPE

Don't have the car anymore but I left it with the RX8 injectors (500cc Densos) and the Walbro drop-in.   The idle quality with those, Schimmel 263 cams and his short runner was the smoothest I've ever experienced on any 12V engine, standard or otherwise!

Not familiar with the Black Ops, I've been out of the game for a few years now.  Are they a modified EV14?   I did try some 550cc EV14s (modded by US tuners, not direct from bosch) and below 2ms, they got a lil lumpy in the idle, so I had to increase the idle speed to 850rpm to hold 2ms and a smooth 14.7 AFR.  That's the problem with large injectors and the way they drop off their linearity sharply below 2ms.  Good injectors though!