So I got my Passat vr on Monday.

Get the heater matrix in on Tuesday.

Dash back in on Thursday

Mot'd and taxed on Saturday.

Drove it to the nearest shell garage then drove it home.

It's been stood over a year. And I haven't taken it over 3000 rpm.

In 4th and a little in 5th it bogs down like hesitation then it goes. Oil temp was at 92 and coolant temp was at 90.

Is it just a case of driving it for a bit to run it in again. Which I am doing. Not going to take it over 3000 rpm.

Or is it something else.

There is still some air in the system as the heater box is garrgerling a bit.

Edited by B4VR6

Any shitty fuel in the tank? Maybe look at changing the fuel filter? Then you stick an injector cleaner through it to clean the system up a bit.

Going to put a full tank of v power nitro in as it does the same thing as adding injector cleaner.

But I only put £25 of shell normal fuel in yesterday just to drive around in to see if it's ok.

Oh yeah I only ever put shell fuel in and the tank was empty before I put £25 in which took it upto 30ltr.

Hi, I had a similar issue with my Golf.

I have OBD1 with coil pack and got my hands on a corrado inlet manifold and throttle body.

Ok, so long story short when i changed the TB I had the same issues as you seem to be having.

As soon as I swapped back to the old TB it ran sweet again.

I've just recently put the corrado TB back on, but I've also had it remapped at Stealth. It runs sweetly now and makes a hell of an induction roar :D

Try a Golf one and see if it solves it, then go from there. Perhaps all it needs is a remap. I heard remarks when mine was being done like "oh my god the fuelling is all over the place".

One more thing to consider is that you have a get a matching TB for your engine, ie if the TB is from a coli pack rado then it will only work on a coil pack engine. If it's from one with a dizzy then the same applies (the lads at Stealth told me this). I think it's to do with the throttle position sensor, apparently there's about 4 different types.

Edited by mistline

Hi, I had a similar issue with my Golf.

I have OBD1 with coil pack and got my hands on a corrado inlet manifold and throttle body.

Ok, so long story short when i changed the TB I had the same issues as you seem to be having.

As soon as I swapped back to the old TB it ran sweet again.

I've just recently put the corrado TB back on, but I've also had it remapped at Stealth. It runs sweetly now and makes a hell of an induction roar :D

Try a Golf one and see if it solves it, then go from there. Perhaps all it needs is a remap. I heard remarks when mine was being done like "oh my god the fuelling is all over the place".

One more thing to consider is that you have a get a matching TB for your engine, ie if the TB is from a coli pack rado then it will only work on a coil pack engine. If it's from one with a dizzy then the same applies (the lads at Stealth told me this). I think it's to do with the throttle position sensor, apparently there's about 4 different types.

Great bit of info thanks

Would a faulty coil pack course hesitation past 2k rpm

As it drive fine upto then.

Even though it has a 2.9 throttle body and air intake on a 2.8 obd1.

I've only had the car a week and bought as a none runner only needing heater matrix fitting.

It's had

New rad

All new silicone hoses

Both new cts

New aux water pump

New Bremi coil pack and leads

Pcv delete replaced with catch can

Knock sensor

New header tank

New thermostat

New oil pressure switches

Air intake sensor

New heater matrix.

With the symptoms I don't think it's the throttle body.

Hand it scanned last week and no fault codes other than front left abs sensor.

Need help as not enjoying this hesitation.

Thanks.

Unplug the throttle position sensor and run the car again, do the symptoms persist?

I'll give that a try tonight

Thanks.

I think I've managed to narrow it down to either the 2.9 throttle body pulling too much air in or the cam sensor.

There's no air leaks and the Maf sensor is new too by the looks of it.

Bloody cars lol

Pulls like hell other than the hesitating problem.

Bit of an update.

I took it for a 17 mile run. A few lights but mostly continuous 30 to 50 to 40 etc.

I kept accelerating to get the temp up.

And when I got home I took these pictures.

6C52EFE9-5B28-4BE5-95B5-1DEF0AF2C8B3.jpg

Oil temp is good

9491F51E-B530-4E76-B335-006FBB3D23A4.jpg

And to me the both cts could be at fault as there from Gsf not gen ones (I haven't bought them)

The temp did go a bit higher but not much.

Now if I press the throttle pedal a little it doesn't want to go. But if I press it down to the floor it'll hesitate then go like shit.

Now I have fitted a heater matrix which still has some air in the matrix itself but the air coming out of the vents are just luke warm and after 17 mile should be up to temp and should have nice hot air in the car.

Any advice on how to get the air out of the heater matrix with silicone hoses fitted would nice

Thanks for everyone's help so far and more to come.

But will get there hopefully.

Re your tb. Mistline said his car ran like yours prior to mapping, the engine can't manage the amount of air it's being fed via the 2.9 tb. He said his was like an on/off switch. Light throttle produced probs, foot to the floor produced big cheesy grins inside the car and many scowls from outside the car! Swap it to the 2.8 tb and it should be ok.

Re your airlock, all I've ever done is keep manipulating the hoses till the res keeps a constant level?

Problem solved

I got delivered a 2.8 tb which apparently has been ported.

So fitted it which turn out to be a mare as one Allen key bolt has been rounded. So once fitted I took it out on a run and no hestitation at all.

It's smooth right up the Rev range and holds its revs

So I'm a very happy chappie lol

Going for a two hour, 100 mile drive in the morning for a nice run. And then the same back on Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...