Needing help/opinions with vr6 peformance build

I im needing advice and info on wich engine to start with. im looking to build a high boost motor and im goin for broke lol .I plan on polydyne coating block, ceramic coating pistons, water/methonal injection and w/e else i can to build a engine for drag racing. Someone told me the r32 would be the best to start with but i know nothing about vr6 engines and would like further incite and/or opinions on which direction i should start Any info is helpfull.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes crank is forged - there is a difference between a Nitrided, Forged 4340 knife-edged, lightened and balanced crank and a factory forged crank though - forged means just the way it is manufactured, material spec and manufacturing aspects like Nitriding is where the durability comes from.

Rods need doing as well as pistons on a high boost build - any VR6 engine will see you past 1000hp if need be, doesn't matter on the number of valves or displacement - I would just get a 12V engine and spend the money saved on the internals personally, or perhaps a 24v 2.8 motor for it's ME ecu.

Engine work wise - increase water cooling inside the block - bore it out if you are spending lots but not too much to keep the cylinder walls as thick as possible - align hone, balancing, race spec tolerances, oversized valves, titanium retainers .... the list goes on.

Undersquare engine so high boost low revs is what you are after - if you can find the dyno for Turbo Impressions 12V you can see it makes it's nigh on 1000hp at the time at about 6850rpm which is the factory rev limit even though his revs to about 8500rpm - so no need to go mental on rev limits. With race spec fuel you'll be able to get 3 bar of boost + if need be.