New member, with a little issue!

Hi guys! Been on this forum a while now as I love VR6's and always wanted to own one. Now the time has come that I can. I was on Instagram the other week and saw a friend of a friend is selling his VR6 (carlvr6 on Instagram) As a joke as I thought it would never happen I said to swap my BMW e46 Msport Coupe for it. He said that's one of the cars in mind, after a few texts back and forth about each others spec of car he said he wants to swap.

Now, i've asked as many questions as I could about what I know with them, like the rust which is only has in the lower of the wings, but he said its about £40 each for new ones. He said it was OBD2 although it's a 95 which I have read they swapped over on the 96 he said the Brake callipers and ABS pump were as OBD2 so have been swapped, but the TB was OBD1 spec. Is there any other differences i should be looking for? I've also asked about the head gasket as my MOTer said this is a weak point for these engines?

I want to ask him as many questions as possible before I drive 200 miles so that it's not a complete let down for me.

I do have the full specs from him if any of you are interested. I'll post a few pictures of my BMW and the VR6!

Thanks, Shannon.