Vr6 turbo exhaust manifold, can I have your opinions please!

Hi everyone, I hope everyone's enjoying the christmas break?

While I have been off at home with the family I have been using my time very constructively of course and trolling through vr6oc looking at different peoples opinions for turbo parts one part that seems to crop up with very mixed views were the turbo exhaust manifolds, I would like to chose products that won't break the bank but won't break after a months use so value for money is a must.

I have searched the net for options on the manifolds and a lot of people say just buy the apt one, I also stumbled across another forum chatting about the ATP manifold cracking and are made in China this is only the tip of the iceberg of discussions about all the different types and prices so I ask you for your opinions and where you got you ones and prices please this should help anyone else in my shoes that are now seriously confused lol.

It would make it clear if we could name good quality stockists of parts for the conversion to turbo some parts are cheap like decompression plates etc but how do we know to purchase and where from

I hope you can help as I am going to start buying the bits for the conversion as and when the funds allow I will also try and complete a build post when I am ready

Thanks

Andy from sunny Milton Keynes

Vr6 mulberry 1997

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I was going with a log type manifold, I would get an ATP cast manifold. The cheap ebay ones have been used with success however. If you do get a cheap one, reem out the webbing between the banks, this will give the iron to expand into, as this is how most of them crack. 

I bought it from eBay, Toyo Sport iirc, I bought a 24 valve one from them and it is working well, so far it has been run on four full track days and has been rather hot I would imagine.

Like you I spent a year or so collecting different parts needed for a turbo conversion, when I had everything the spanners came out and the fitting started, was easier than I thought it would be, mapping was also a fairly straightforward process.