I think it was time....

Well, I ve probably registered on this forum about/maybe more than 5 years. So this I hint is my 1st post.

This is my story, have owned a mk3 vr6 and mk3.5 cabrio for almost 15 years, yes, I'm old, sorta off ;-). I was a die hard mk2 16v fan, till I drove my first mk3 vr6. Done deal. Needed, wanted and got my first 15 years ago. Well I got older and I sold the mk3. :-( about 13 years odd ago.

I missed the vr6 and thought I transplant vr6 motor into my wife's mk3.5. This was done 9 years ago, it lasted about 3 months as N/A engine, then I turbo'd it, then I got married and with this ........ The car stood for 2/3 years in turbo state, cause we both got involved in kids, and got "sensible" family car, etc, etc...

I actually forgot I owned the car, as it was locked in storage, till the tracker company phoned me to see if I could bring the car in to check the tracking device. Man, the sound this car made when it started 1st time, the raw power this car makes, I just thought well let me, like I told the wife, for "sentimental" reasons, we restore the car, you know, "babes, it will on cost GBP200 to fix" because u know everything costs GBP200 to fix on a turbo VR6.

Well, that ended in a Colour change, new interior, schrick manifold, New turbo, new manifold, new KW Coilovers, well new everything. Problem, is that every time I ended in visiting this forum I left with very expensive modding "wants"...P.S. looking for eta beta porsche 3pc wheels if u know where I can find a set for "GBP 200", in case the wife asks, pm please.

Anyway, the car is now probably the same value in terms of expense, as a small german super saloon :-), and I will never sell it. My daughter is 7 years old now, and my son going on 9 years, and they fight on who will own this car when they can drive.

It's funny, god has blessed me in life, and has given me the opportunities to own some exotics sport cars, and this VR6 mk3.5 is the best car I've ever owned. Really...

Well I'll post some pics when I finally finish it this time.... Thank you Bar-tek for fckn up my order, and delaying the finish date by 3 months

Anyway, that is a story for another day.....