Getting ready to do a vr6 swap

Is this a 12 or 24 valve? If you're doing a swap, like for like, then you'll only need the engine. If you're upgrading from a 2 litre then you better off buying a crashed donor car, then it's a matter of swapping parts to your car. For a transplant..... I'm far from an expert but I would think you'd need, engine, gearbox and driveshafts, radiator pack/slam panel, engine wiring loom, engine ecu, key and ecu, probably pedals and possibly the fuse box from the donor car.

Most likely I've missed out some things, but you can see it's probably easier to buy a damaged vehicle and swap the parts over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk i forgot but im kinda positive that its a 24 valve. My car has the stock 4cylinder with the 3speed auto booooooooooooooo( 2 big reasons im doing this swap) i have a vr6 and 5speed from afriends wrecked 2001 jetta and some little parts. Ive been looking around in junk yards but alot of them are very picked over cars. I want to get this swap in before winter hits because i dont know if my baby would make it through the winter again. She is leaking oil, fuel, and transmission fluid and she needs this swap done.

• 1 month later...

I personally would do some research on this first because this is quite a big transplant especially if it's a 24v you planning on dropping in. Your going to need quite a lot of stock parts so if your friend has the full car I'd tell him you want it to strip it of parts whilst your doing the transplant. Engine, gearbox, ecu, loom, manifold will help to start with. Then fuel pump. Also an upgrade on brakes. The list is endless.

Do some serious research first pal.