Hi guys, looking into upgrading some aspects of my golf handling. Done a quick search on here but couldn't find an answer to my questions.

First of all, is it worth polybushing the front wishbone? I already have them off for cleaning.

Also while I have the front in bits is there anything else anyone could recommend that I change while I'm at it?

ARB? Poly top mount?

Cheers

Heard mixed reviews about poly wishbone bushes, some people love them others not too keen, I'll be putting r32 bushes on my spare wishbones when I get round to it. Heard good things about the poly top mounts, I went for oem but will get poly next time round. As well as arb like you said, could get lower strut brace which I know vrccj had for sale on here not so long ago, unsure if it's still available, think it may be and have bought stuff off him and would recommened

Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh direct fit and yep as far as I'm aware, plenty of people on here have done it, I've not personally got round to it yet, only just got my spare wishbones powder coated. Not sure on arb, not looked into it too much as it's not near the top of my to do list, kw and eibach both do them which are good makes, looking about just over 300 for front and rear

Could you recommend a place to get the r32 bushes from? And also which make is good I.e febi etc. I went on vwspares.com and they only have meyle, and at £6.32 each it seems a lite cheap. And from experience if you buy cheap you buy twice!

I don't know what everyone has against poly bushes, I poly bushed the lot as all of them had gone and the difference is immense

I have considered polys and most people do seen to rate them, only reason that I will go r32 is that every review I have seen has been good where as 90% of people seem to like polys but there's the odd person that doesn't rate them... But you can fit them yourself which is a major plus for polys

I have standard ARBs, AP coil overs, stock top mounts, vibra technics fast road engine mounts and full poly bushed. I think I stumbled upon the perfect mix of parts cos it rides so nice and all of the other cars I drive or ride in to compare are S line or sport Audis. Apart from the few more interior rattles in my 17 year old golf the ride and compliance I think are just as good, in fact mines less crashy over cracks and potholes than my mums S line TT.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my Polybushes fitted to the wishbones. Fitting them back on the car this weekend. The kit includes 2 large washers and 2 small metal collars, says for aligning the bolt? Nothing like this came off though. Is this just specific to the powerflex bushes?

• 8 months later...

Bringing this back from the dead

have the opportunity to get my hands on a nuespeed rear arb (28mm). Would this be too much if I was keeping the front arb standard? Would I be better off spending that bit extra for a full eibach kit? What do people think? Cheers