Afternoon folks

I have been bleeding my brakes and clutch today,although the brakes are now fine the clutch is bled properly but i am getting no feel on it what so ever the pedal just goes to the floor,feels like its not engaging and cant get any gears

any ideas?

Edited by abvsean

Did it only go on one way? My old flywheel the posts would move so didn't know what way the pressure plate should go on, 1 in 3 chance and got it wrong, the car vibrated and I fitted a new flywheel too, the posts were solid in place on the new one and no issue now.

Just another thought when you refitted the box did you hold the release arm forward then do a bolt into the hole that the rubber cover goes in on the top? So holding the release arm in a forward position. That can cause the release arm to not be in the correct place when refitting the gearbox if it's not in the bolted forward position.

Edited by Lukey.

no never did that,didnt know i had too

iv took engine back out and split the gearbox then stripped the clutch down but everything looks ok,im sure that the clutch pressure plate only goes one way on the three pins and flywheel looks ok

I started another thread on weather is it worth getting my clutch/flywheel balanced? what you think?

well they obviously are weight offset as thats why its only supposed to go on one way and the pressure plate one way onto the flywheel, but skimming an even amount would surely just take it off uniformly, idk, for the £80 it cost I just exchanged mine for a new one from TPS

Its trade that place though isnt it?

Yeah i know what you mean its just thats the only change in that area from when it was last together.

Looked at the clutch fork through that hole but even if the bolt doesnt go in the top of the gearbox to hold it forward,when you put the slave cylinder in,it pushes it close to the clutch anyway doesnt it?

If you can see it pushing all the way up to the springs then it's seated right anyway, so you should be able to select and clutch off gears, 3 piece clutch kit with new bearing? Bearing could be bad?

Edited by Lukey.

Bad English, you know press the clutch and disengage the drive, get all the gears, normal clutch operation. Just check it for rumbling etc smooth rotation, yea exactly you can get a bad bearing out the box I've had a few wheel bearings I wasn't happy with out of the packaging

Edited by Lukey.

How did you bleed the clutch might sound daft but different work better with different methods. Have you tried to just open the nipple and let gravity do the work I had this problem on a 10 plate a3 couple of weeks back. Tried everything 2 different types of bleeders air fed and suction and in the end I just opened the nipple and left it seep out for 5 mins this got me a decent pedal.