finnaly got my vr6 conversion started after 4 months of building it up but i noticed straight away that it had a bad misfire.

i felt the exhaust manifold pipes and you could tell that cylinders 1 and 3 are not firing as it was cold compared to the others.

i pulled out the spark plugs 1 and 3 and they are still clean and i pulled out spark plug 2 and you can see blackness from when it was running so cylinder 2 is fine.

the engine block is new with a full set of new pistons rings ect.

it is obd1 and i followed a guide for the firing order and have since then re checked it.

when building the engine i put in new spark plugs and a new dizzy cap.

im thinking the leads maybe knackered but i havent tested it yet to see if im getting a good enough spark.

ive ordered a full new set of leads to be sure as the ones i have arent the best condition anyways.

also i have a rotor arm on the way too.

if non of these seem to work what should i then look at doing.

test power at injectors 1 and 3

flow test them with the rest to see how they perform against each other.

compression test. but i would of thought a new engine will be at the best it can be.

is there anything else that could couse a misfire. ecu?

any help is greatly appreciated

I would have thought maybe blocked injectors if the plugs were not wet when you took them out. Check for spark double check firing order maybe replace spark plugs too.

i cant remember if they were wet now. i tried to sniff them if there was any fuel but ive got a cold so i couldnt smell anything. spark plugs are all brand new. ill be having a look over at the weekend to see if it sparking correctly.