What induction kit to go for?

Yer the typhoon has a plastic panel that keeps it away from the engine heat. Thought that was a good idea as there is not a lot of room under there lol. The BMC one looks good was just wondering where to put the pick up pipe though. Don't want to cut a big hole in the bumper and might sound stupid but what happens if it sucks up water from spray off lorries ect in the wet???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The usual crack is to feed the pick up through down to the front bumper grille. Not an easy job apparently, although I'm sure there's a build thread on here somewhere. It normally involves changing the lower bumper grille to a fog light housing and attaching the cold air feed to that. I had a viper in the past and I liked that a lot.

Standard airbox flows best, put in a dry element replacement filter.

Oiled filters like k&n and pipercross ruin vag mafs over time.

Bmc cda's have been proven to restrict a 20vt wouldn't imagine the vr will suck less air.

Cba searching but there is a good comparison thread on vortex a guy with a vrt has done the standard airbox was best for the engine.

Yep, I agree with the standard air box but you don't get that vr induction roar that so many people like. I personally run a standard air box currently and will fit a pipercross panel filter when funds allow. I'd still be interested to see how the viper performed though and would definitely consider fitting one to my car.

• 3 months later...