Wanted to say thanks to Stealth, just had a clutch change that came in at a bit over £300, compared to the first quote from VW of £1050 which went down to £780 at another dealer!! They must be good to charge that much.

£300's good money, most 'Clutch Centre's' do it for around £350/400. Slightly off topic, just before I had my exhaust system rebuilt (lovely full stainless from Longlife, £300inc) VW quoted me £646inc for a standard system!! My dad was quoted £900 for a clutch for his Polo. I seriously think the Stealerships invent their prices on the spot. We're talking £100ph on labour alone...

I rang them before and asked if i could supply the parts to save a bit of money and they said ok. My mate got them from ECP at a discount for about £80. Stealth charged £185+vat to fit, I took the car in at about 9am and it was ready for collection at about 4pm. With Stealth supplying everything it is still miles cheaper, and i dare say they give more of a stuff about your car than the average dealer, hence the good feedback they seem to have got here.

£300 for a VR clutch is very good, a small independent "backstreet" garage would charge this much, and the parts and workmanship would be inferior.

About 6 months ago Stealth charged me just £150 labour for fitting an ABS pump. VW were quoting over £400!

Let's hope they are able to keep their prices this competitive!!

[ Edited Wed May 18 2005, 08:28AM ]