Header tank cap ? Pressure in pipes ?

I'm sure this car was sent to test me !!

Started the car after work was fine , drove it and had a smallish misfire cleared after 5 secs .. Had been raining so presumed damp coil as had it before. In the morning was fine , again after work same thing, got home n checked pipes, loads of pressure .. Waited still there. Thought if I run the car , stat would open.. Fans would kick in .. Pressure would go.. Didn't work , left it an hour... Took cap off loads of pressure left . I noticed when I squeeze either rad hose and I have my ear to the bottle I can hear air escaping out the over flow on the bottle .. And I was getting a small dribble of coolant around the lip on the tank ... Both days I had a small miss it's been raining and it's been fine in the mornings wen dry .. I'm thinking it could be a bit of paranoia and a dodgy cap or bottle ? No oil in water or visa versa , no steam on start up n really no misfire on start up only the 2 days when it's been raining .. Fans kick in right , no over heating. My aux pump doesn't run correctly though I know that plus I bridged my yellow coolant connector and it did jack shit so I presume it wants replacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you're squeezing the pipes and getting coolant out the cap then the cap is definitely knackered. The bottle could be damaged on the threads and to be honest for how cheap they are to buy I'd replace both - I've found with vw's that the caps are worth replacing every few years or so anyway as the pressure valves in the caps can go a bit weak.

A miss on start could be a number of things - important thing is to not only make sure that it's not loosing oil and water but to also check the water and oil are not mixing(as you could think it's not an internal issue due to not seeing one fluid dropping) - a leaking head gasket can cause a miss on start where some oil or water leaks through and sits on a piston but usually manifests itself with smoke so if it's not smoking id discount that for now and look back at the basics - ignition and fueling

Edited by Russ_vr6

Not lost coolant . Oil fine , coolant perfect colour , no contamination what so ever . Was loosing coolant of the release under the black cover at the back of the tank that covers the 10mm's . Sniff test done and was negative . Miss was no existent today so I'd say was a damp issue or arking . Again today no over heating , fans kicking in fine , pipes still under pressure , but no coolant loss . .. Aux pump not working properly though , fuses checked on fan module , bridged the yellow coolant sensor plug and it didn't put fans or aux pump on .. Maybe a wiring fault on that side of things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk