Hi everybody was gonna take the car out for a run today and the fob does not work the key works but I didn't want to open it because the alarm and immobiliser are on so I changed the battery on the fob and it still doesn't work any ideas it's a cobra 5557 I have searched google but nothing comes up it was fitted when the car was new I'm starting to get very annoyed with this car it's one thing after another!

Help much appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a cobra alarm in a car years ago as had the same thing happen once, I just pressed and held and mashed the buttons in every way I could and it eventually synced up an worked again. This only ever happened once and was fine after so I don't remember exactly what I did.

Ok car still not on the road so I spoke to cobra alarms technical division and they have sent me the paperwork which tells you how to sync fobs to all cobra alarms for the past ten years unfortunately for me my alarm was fitted when the car was new and the fobs came pre coded to the car and all the parts for my alarm are now obsolete so I have a guy coming today to remove my old one and fit a new Clifford cat 1system was the only way I can get the car back on the road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk