Evening chaps, after replacing the inlet, throttle and exhaust gaskets, I reassemble the manifold also removed my nackard pvc and fittin a catch tank, I have now got an annoying intermittent idle issue, seems too be abit harder to start too.

It will idle ok but then it will start hunting, blip the throttle an it stops but I drive away come to a stop and it's there again!!

Anyone got any ideas, I've recently changed the blue temp sensor too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright chaps, I'm new to the site but not new to the vr6. Had one about 6 years now I'm a qualified mechanic and got about 16 years experience, currently working for the AA, I noticed you said you changed your Pcv for a catch can, have you blocked the end going into the air intake pipe? If not then I'm more than certain that is why you've got the hunting, it's drawing in air that isn't being monitored by the Maf sensor. And the ecu is trying to constantly try to correct the a/f ratio. Just a thought, hope this helps! Andy.

Pcv valve should be inline on a hose from rocker cover. It should go back into the intake system. If you've now fitted a catch can. You need to block where the hose was going to on the intake side.

So what you've done is fit New hose from rocker to can then back to intake??

Sent from Dagobah

Edited by RsvRob

exactly my point, the intake pipe will be open to atmosphere and drawing in air try putting your thumb over the hole i bet you a million quid it starts idling perfectly!!

The rocker cover isnt the issue, that can happily vent to atmosphere no problem, aside from fumes in the car obviously! Its where the pipe would have met the intake originally thats the issue! Like i said block it off and youll be right as rain!!

Edited by Rawrod