Golf Mk4 Vr6 4 Motion Turbo Project

Heres the base car ready to be stripped .  came with a excellent spec for 1k

full heated recaro leather

miltek exhaust

kn panel filter

uprated clutch

copy bbs alloys

new ap coilovers

Plan is to strip the car to the last bolt and take out every ounze of weight possible funds allowing .

stripping will begin next week all parts available if anyone needs anything

golfmk4leather001.jpg

Just removing carpets and the sound proofing removes a fair bit of weight, then the tar that is stuck to the floor also is really heavy, a heat gun comes in handy for this and some white spirit to remove the residue.

I have done this already and will be removing A/C system, electric window motors, rear wiper and anything else I can but one thing for sure, the 4 motion Golf is no ballet dancer, it is a big heavy pig, even when stripped out!

What turbo are you going with and have you got your head spacer etc yet?

looking at billet 35r turbo not sure yet though , not head spacing it fitting low comp pistons 8.5.1 maybe 9ish as im running race fuel  e85 race or v import ..  from looking the vr6 is 1400 kilos , the plan is to get it to a 1000 kilos then with add ons turbo intercooler brakes  rollbars hoping for less than 1200 kilos .. 

that's the plan anyway ..

I was thinking of using a company I use for my old subarus body parts abw  they make  headlamp covers made of fibregalss ..  you then add a super bright led behind track use only though .  ill post a pic in 2 mins of the last one I had made for a air filter duct

I have been to the weighbridge today, now you have to picture my car, it has no interior except dash and door cards, it has bucket seats and harnesses, I also have me at slender 13 stone and 1/4 of a tank of fuel.

Step onto the scales 4 motion...........................

1480kg   :o to say she blushed would be an understatement  BUT I find this a bit hard to believe as all the info I can find on the internet about kerb weight suggests 1401-1420 kg and I have removed plenty of unwanted bits that were quite heavy when I lifted them out  :unsure:   might have to have a second weigh in I think.

Bloody hell that's heavy . I better purchase a plasma cutter :)

My last subaru was around 1400 kilos and it was a pig compared to my 1200 kilo scoob . Looks like I need some fiberglass panels . Are doors roof bonnet and boot available for the mk4 golf