Which Sound Deadening, Dynamat, Other?

Hi all,

Whilst my interior is out I had the idea last night to cover the key areas with sound deadening material before my new interior arrives, The ice setup in the car is pretty good quality focal install so thought I may as well back this up a bit.

Has anybody any experience of this product? What is best? How much do I need?

I know Dynamat is spoke of a lot but are there any alternatives which are just as good and where from?

Thanks

I used a sound deadening called brown bread years ago (about ten years ago) on a old car, it was good and easy to apply. As to how much you'll need, find out the size of the sheets and work it out from there, if I could remember the size I could tell you. I think I used 5 sheets to do under the rear seats, boot and the door panels but that was on a R5 GTT 

I used a sound deadening called brown bread years ago (about ten years ago) on a old car, it was good and easy to apply. As to how much you'll need, find out the size of the sheets and work it out from there, if I could remember the size I could tell you. I think I used 5 sheets to do under the rear seats, boot and the door panels but that was on a R5 GTT

I wasn't sure if you had to apply in just a single layer or double it up as its something I have never bothered doing before, do most have a sticky backing then I'm guessing?

I only used one layer and that was fine. 

This is the sort of stuff I used

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/brown-bread-sound-deadening-/171130903015

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-CAR-HOME-AUDIO-SOUND-DEADENING-PROOFING-MATERIAL-MAT-/350860154426

I'm not sure what it's made from you peel the back off, there a black sticky stuff and stick it down with the chrome foil to the top, I can't remember if you use a heat gun or not