Plastic Trim Restorer With Pics

Hi All, i have been fed up with the tatty plastic on the VR so after some research i bought some gtechniq trim restorer, i will have to see how long it lasts but here are some before and after.

at £22 for 15ml its expensive, i have used a 3rd of a bottle to do front/rear valance, spoiler, side sill moldings, handles and mirror surrounds so it goes a long way! all the plastic was washed, scrubbed and alcohol cleaned but i could have been a bit more thorough. i think spoiler may need another coat but your opinions are welcome.

thanks for looking

steve

post-87425-0-18502400-1379876579_thumb.j

post-87425-0-70201600-1379876579_thumb.j

post-87425-0-68825600-1379876580_thumb.j

post-87425-0-81041000-1379876581_thumb.j

post-87425-0-56760900-1379876583_thumb.j

That looks pretty impressive for before and after, does it dry totally dry? I use mer plastic gel but its oily and stays wet, I only use it for the skirts and front and rear valances so its fine, but wouldnt be suitable for door handles and the like.

Dry in minutes, literally 8-10 drops on a make up pad did the spoiler, did it end to end and buffed. It supposedly bonds rather than dresses, we shall see. There are a couple of vids on YouTube. I will pic the rest of car and post tomorrow, also what's left in bottle.

Nice socks! That does look pretty good buddy.I've always used auto gym stuff In the past which has always done the job but this looks pretty awesome. Can't remember how much auto gym stuff goes for these days though to weigh up the cost differencesClub Chairman

Leave my Sunday socks alone! ;-) thank god you can only just make the sandals!

I was and still am dubious, I will see how the handles wear as they are constant use. I reckon you could do all the exterior 3 times (just) with 15 ml.

Cheers

Steve

I used to use the autoglym plastic and vynal restorer which was ok but didn't last too long on faded plastics so I'v. Started using meguires plastic trim restorer (not sure if that's the proper name, will look later) and it makes the plastics look New and seems to last for ages. I done a coat on everything nearly 2months ago and they still look good and it's only half the price of the gtechniq stuff