What to do first on engine!?

Right!

Hello everyone!

i have been on this forum for a few years, But i have recently just purchased an OBD2 Vr6 engine with gearbox and other bits. It has come out of a 97 High line model. I am abit Confused as what i should do first as i want to re-build it. Chains are the obvious option i reckon, Just need a little help to be honest..

Any Suggestions!!

Hi Daverse, thanks for replying mate! right, at the moment I would say I want the engine to be quick enough for street performance as I have no plans to make it a track car. So maybe 263 cams, giac chip filter and exhaust later down the line. I'm going to sound abit thick here but what are VSO's and Guides? And what are the benifits to the engine?

Crank end oil seal is worth doing as you'll have the clutch off. Also maybe replace the plastic housings and seals in the cooling system (crack pipe, thermostat housing etc.) I'd also suggest replacing the o-ring seals on the oil cooler, these seem to leak and are a bit fiddly to do when everything's back together.

Ahh thanks lukey! I plan on doing all of that while the head is off. Worst thing I could have ever done was tell my missus about this whole thing. :S

Surely she has an expensive hobby of some sort? Use it against her. Every time a parcel comes for mine full of shoes or handbags or god knows what else crap she buys I don't moan a bit, so when an expensive package comes for me, if she says anything I have a long list of things that will shut her up.

Haha! Lukey you hit the nail on the head mate! thats exactly what im gona do! she likes make up jewellery and all that other crap, Ill use that against her!

She just doesn't get it, All i hear is where is the rest of the car its a waste of money etc, the satisfaction will come when it all done!!