I have a 1997 mk3 3 door vr6 and ive had a stealth box for a while now and its currently sitting on the boot floor rather than in the passenger side recess, this rather defeats the object of having one. The 2 reasons for this are that when I put it in position I keeps falling down because supplied velcro fasteners are usless and secondly Im bone idle.

Anyone on here had one of these boxes and can tell me how they fixed them in their car?

Thanks kev

Ive got a ten inch jl one in mine. running of a phoenix gold amp.

The guy iin the shop said he would drill through the back of the box and screw it into or around the warning triangle bracket as its a double skin. This sounds like hard work though.

Teh problem with mine seem to be that the back of the box wont push up hard to the side of the car because of the seat belt mechanism, and im not sure if it is supposed to or not.

Hows the JL sound in there' date=' thats what I've been recommended by my local audio place (they are a JL dealership though!)[/quote']

Im running a 10"JL WO - cant recommend it enough, although its not in a stealth box, but a normal one.

i have one of these in mine and have had no probs with mine coming out or falling over despite me not using the velcro at all! i'm running a swr-1041 alpine dual voice coil currently running off a v12 alpine amp and now the subs run in its drops like a bitch and is as loud as my two kenny tens i used to have run off the same amp!

I got a JL 10 W7 in mine (not in a steath box though) and it's absolutely awesome. you really wouldn't think there was only 1 10 in there! well worth the money. !amazed

i been using JL audio for years now and this sub is def the best i ever heard, the accuracy and speed is devastating, just use a good amp!!!!!!!!

they just started doing home stuff as well check it out on their web site i bet your impressed. I want a Gotham now but the wife isn't that impressed :(

• 2 months later...

I have yet to do an install in my vr but i spent 5 months on the install in my jeep grand and it is all JL. JL is flipping brilliant. They even do there own line of stealth boxes and the one for the jeep uses a single bolt into the wheel arch. Probably good for a 4wd but a bit of a worry if you are worried about rubbing tyres on a dropped vr.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I've got one of these on order and chose the A23 Heather carpet colour. But I had a tricky time deciding between that and the A21 Charcoal - LINK

What did you guys choose?

Also, my confirmation said 7-10 working days for delivery. Whats the norm? (i'm itching to get my sub in!) !amazed

Cheers!!