A natural progression really :) Especially given mk3's are starting to cost to keep in good condition.

Not sure if there's anything specific to keep your eye out for when looking, I'm sure Craig will have some insightful information :)

Be good see more R32's in the club too :)

Not a lot to check really. All the usuall stuff when buying a car.

Check haldex IS working by going to to some grass and giving it some welly lol

Make sure haldex has been serviced every 20k. It goes oil at 20k then oil/filter at 40 k and repeat

Make sure servicing has been done properly as some garages even VW don't realise that haldex needs doing and has a different oil to the rest of it, and it has been known for them to drain the rear diff and replace with haldex oil!!!

They eat the inside edge of tyres but that's down to giving it beans round corners, which you will love as it really grips.

To be honest they are fantastic cars and I wish I'd of bought one years ago instead of faffing around with mk3s

There is a buyers guide on the R32OC which is held in high regard much like our own mk3 buyers guide on here.

But any other questions just ask.

If you buy a completely go standard one then check that all updates have been done at VW. Two I know of are the 6364 ecu update and coil packs.

If you do buy standard then two things to get are a miltek non res exhaust for the sound and a blue haldex controller as it makes the car a better drive, google blue haldex controller for info as to what they do