drivers side electric window only working a bt??? vr6 golf.

lol two problems in one week! go to press the button for the drivers side window and it will only open two inches and close two inches and no further, I can get it to the bottom by keep pressing the switch up and down but it takes forever! any ideas? golf vr6 mk3! :-)

more then likely one of the little plastic clips that holds the bottom of the window has broken buddy, l had the same thing happen on my 4mo and my moms Mk3. I wouldn’t use the window too much until you change them as it might end up dropping into your door if the other clip goes :/ lol

Hi Mate, pop the panel off and take a look. there are a couple of long screws around the door handle/rest, the window button cover just clips in but be careful as you can mark it, unplug window button. undo the door lock pin and speaker connections. all round the edges are plastic clips, it is possible to not break them but i have not found out how! you can then lift the whole panel off and out, underneath is a plastic cover that is glued to the metal, peel that off and take a look. to test pop the button from the door card and connect, you should see what the issue is. the motor just slides on and off connector. i have done 3 out of 4 windows now and have it down to about 30 mins.

if its the regulator try these as they have metal clips

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-VENTO-RIGHT-OFF-SIDE-FRONT-WINDOW-WINDER-REGULATOR-LIFTER-WITHOUT-MOTOR-/150964495352?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+III&hash=item23262f63f8

hope this is of use.

steve