Hi all, gone to get in the VR this morning and I can't. The fob does flash the lights but no unlock, key lifts the button in drivers and passengers but still can't open them, same for boot. I can't get in to check the pump in the boot (suspect) all help gratefully received.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks guys, it looks to be a pump issue, the fob by the look of it deadlocks the doors so i cant open them, looks like i will be climbing through the window as turning the key anti clockwise opens the windows!

next issue is that there are multiple part numbers i have been quoted 250 for this one 1H0 962 257 G from VW, can anyone shed some light on the differences? im guessing its the connector for the vacuum hose.

thanks again

steve

I don't think the mk3 has deadlocks, but the pump seems to have the ability to somehow keep the locks forced shut, try disconnecting the vacuum hose from the pump and see if it relieves the pressure and the lock pins may be operable again. If the door keyhole doesn't operate the lock it may be that the spade is broken so not turning the lock, just the barrel. So another thing you could look at.

Cheers lukey, I have skived off work this afternoon and the plot thickens, I was all ready to climb through the window but tried the fob and voila the locks open, pulled the pump out and it's dry as a bone. I have taken it apart and cleaned with PCB cleaner and its working fine.

The question is was it the pump? If not what the hell else!

Cheers

Steve