Wierd one, ABS cutting in all the time!!!

Morning.

Got a strange fault with my VR6 track car. Its been parked up for a month or so but has been pressed in to service due to the wifes truck going in for repair.

Ive now done 200 miles or so and have noticed that the ABS is cutting in as I bring the car to a halt. The cars not locking a wheel until it cuts in but just as the car comes to a halt with the brake pedal lightly pressed.

It can also do this when I coast slowly to a halt without touching the brake pedal at all!!!

No warning lights at all.

Seems its chattering the N/side front wheel.

Sensor maybe? Any ideas???

Nope, not just a track car, its MOT'd and taxed just with no interior, coilovers, stainless exhaust and decat but essentially its standard.

On closer inspection it seems the nearside front wheel is activating the ABS so have ordered a new sensor to see if that makes a difference.

ABS warning light isnt on though.

• 1 month later...

Had same problem on mine it was one of the rear abs sensors 16 quid of eBay job done, mine was on my passat vr6 you can check the sensors by unplugging the sensor from the loom ( both sides of mine were accessible by lifting the rear seat) and using a multimeter to check the continuity of the sensor no continuity means dead sensor