Good point, though the R32 sump sits higher than the subframe apparently. I may well just go down the 12v sump route, makes changing drivers side driveshaft easier removed plus turbo oil return configuraton easier. Would just have to make up a cover for flywheel 12v sump would leave it exposed.

the 12v steel one if i remember right uses a 1 litre less oil compared to the 24v 2.8 , to run the 3.2 sump on the 2.8 you need the 3.2 oil stuffs , cant remember exactly but im 99.9% sure you need to change the oil pump and not just the pick up, i was looking in to this but money was an issue so i just brought the 2.8 sump as mine was cracked,

the 12v steel one if i remember right uses a 1 litre less oil compared to the 24v 2.8 ' date=' to run the 3.2 sump on the 2.8 you need the 3.2 oil stuffs , cant remember exactly but im 99.9% sure you need to change the oil pump and not just the pick up, i was looking in to this but money was an issue so i just brought the 2.8 sump as mine was cracked,

[/quote']

Another good reason to go with 12v sump then... I was reckoning by the time I filled the engine, oil cooler and other associated hoses etc I'd be just shy of 8 litres of oil lol