Rise of the Machine.......

Good evening all

long ish time lurker so having 4 6 pots in the household i thought i would put this here too for others to see

we have a 4Motion 2001

An 04 mk4 R32

An 04 Audi 3.2 Quatro DSG

and last but not least a FWD MK4 2001 with a custom built VF charged 3.2 BHE lump

charger got sold a while back and left me with some plans

Back in October last year i picked up the 4MO from ebay for a tidy sum and so the story goes

Everybody please meet RED

He is a 2002 V6 4MOTION 5 door in some colour red lol

i took charge of him about 4-5 months ago when the plan hatched [snack]

He was in a bit of a sorry state with a set of buckled Kahn wheels and odd size tires along with a bit of a ding in the rear 1/4

And a rather sweet running 2.8 but with what i suspect to be a broken 3rd gear selector fork

Fast forward a few months of SLOOOOOOOW progress due to our little girl being born and i am left with this....

Quite an amazing way to wash a car LOL

IMAG0388.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0389.jpg

Only way to wash a car if you ask me and with an 80 degree Hot steam washer and bags of TFR to remove the many years of crap from the bay and the underside [:D]

As the light was fading i left him hanging by the scruff and can continue the steam bath tomorrow

IMAG0390.jpg

Well a bit more progress today [H]

Got all his doors off as i have no use for them due to having 4 NEW spanking doors to fit, the others had various dings and dents from over the years and want PERFECT ones to start with

IMAG0399.jpg

What a BITCH the bolts are to undo that hold the hinges on so ended up using a nice sharp chisel and with a swift smack with a lump hammer to shock them loose

Was thinking to replace them with some nice polished stainless 13mm ones to make it better to undo them in the future [in-love]

IMAG0398.jpg

Boot lid is stripped and ready to remove as that is also being replaced for a new one as it had a few spots of rust on it and we all know it is like cancer and will ony be a matter of time before it comes back

IMAG0406.jpg

Also got a new OEM windscreen coming and picked up a new OEM rear screen from VW ready to go on when it is painted

IMAG0406.jpg

Engine bay is all nice and clean and free of any hard and dried wax oil and 10 years of crud

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

Wings and door shuts have had all the grommets removed and flatted down by hand (as is the rest of the car)

IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

Got ALL the looms stripped out the car and wound back up to the dash, both boot looms are also out the car

spent a few hours flatting down the inside ready for primer and then later some colour [6]

IMAG0437.jpg

IMAG0438.jpg

IMAG0433.jpg

IMAG0435.jpg

IMAG0434.jpg

Also going to order ALL new engine bay stickers, and all the data tags for the car so it will look PERFECT when it is done [:$]

IMAG0436.jpg

Still PLENTY of flatting to do before the gun can be loaded and need to order all the sound deadening pads to go on the wheel arches

A few bits turned up today from Germany

4X NEW rear tie arms, full set of sub frame bolts and also a full set of rear trailing arm bushes

picked them up on good old German gay bay for a STUNNING sum of....................................................................... 25 EURO [lol-lol]

priced all the bits up and there is roughly £450 if bought from a dealer [:o]

IMAG0597.jpg

IMAG0599.jpg

IMAG0598.jpg

Ideal for building some adjustable arms me thinks