BMW Supercharger

Just bought a cooper s supercharger to fit on to my 1993 golf vr6. I've been recommended a tuning garage to fit it, they say its a relatively easy job, hust need special brackets to mount it and a air condition pulley on. I'm needing a air con pulley if anyone has one??

Has anyone ever done this before, any problems that you can see. Anything else you can think of would be greatly appreciated.

well thats definately a new one on me, ive never seen a cooper s charger so couldnt suggest how it would fit. the problem may be that it wont have the top end capability of most s/c that are on the vr6. i may have a look into this, let me know how it goes if you go to a garage to get it done.

The Cooper S uses a small Eaton M45 charger. Also heard of a M90 and an M112 which is fitted to Jags.

I've seen an eaton charger fitted to a VR before, think there were some pics of a conversion on the VWvortex website. Must say from what i can remember it look a bit of a time consuming job.

I'd say save your money and buy a vortex.

My thoughts too, that type of charger can't flow as much air as a centrifugal charger at high revs. It's quite a big unit too so finding a good place to mount is going to be an issue. Another advantage of the centrifugal charger is that it's compact and fits neatly into the space occupied by the airbox.

You could mount the charger at the back of the engine bay (this has been done before by an American company) but overall it's not worth the bother imho. Will be interesting and pretty unique if you can do it though.

I got prices for a supercharger that will fit the vr6 and was quoted £3500, i've bought mine for £210!! Its only 6 months old, and been quoted bout £250 for fitting, not a bad £500 to spend. Im hoping it takes me past 300 bhp (at flywheel) im getting a smaller/lighter pulley fitted to increase psi and getting a direct cold air feed from outside car to get maximum air in.