alternative aux water pump

Hi does anyone know if theres any reason an aux water pump from say a v5 wouldnt work or even something from like an a4 2.5 tdi or something like that?

Seems its really hard to find a vr6 one and the few used ones ive seen are kind of questionable id prefer new but i dont fancy paying almost £100.

The ones from other cars and v6 engines ive seen are a lot cheaper and seem very similar just a case of getting the hoses to fit and wiring up the plug to suit, i mean all it really is is a 12v elec motor and a plastic impeller right.

Anyone tried any units from other engines or known compatible ones?

Also which dirrection does the flow go within the 2 pipes connecting the aux pump .

Thank you

yeah bigdaddy i did check the ford ones with the 2.8 and also the seat alhambra and sharan ones.Ford were mostly the same think the cheapest new i found was around £95.

Seen some pics of pumps listed as for the 1.9tdi (never knew they had 1) it looks pretty much identical right down to the rubber cradle it sits in.

if you still need one i can sell you mine from my corrado' date=' just done a conversion so all the old bits are up for grabs,

[/quote']

Thanks m8 im trying to get a new part but if i cant find a decent compatible one at a decent price i would take yours.

Incase anyone is in a similar situation i done some checking and it seems pumps from the 2.5tdi passat,the golf v5, some 1.8t ones (not sure which) the sharan 1.9tdi the alhambra 1.9tdi and mercedes vito petrol and diesel engine ones will fit and are the same part and bosch pump as the vr6 only diffrence is some of the plugs are diffrent which is an easy fix.and all of the above seem to be listed cheaper than the vr6 specific ones especialy the merc pumps, one ford forum had a guy using one from a merc c class £45 brand new, this was the exact same lower section of pump with the same impeler and pipes etc but the top part and motor was diffrent and all it needed was a merc plug from the scrappers and connect the wires apparently this goes for all clk and e class up to 2004 aswell.im off to see whats the cheapest i can get a new one for.