Help with buying a 4motion (ebay)

Right,

My brother is looking to buy a Mk4 4 Motion and has found one on ebay. The car has two problems that have been highlighted. One is the airbag light is on and the other he has said the esp has been unplugged.Here is the linkAnybody know what would be the main reasons for this? Dont want to buy something that is gonna be full of issues?Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be careful with this , I recently had my 4mo in at vag for my keys recoding as a couple of month ago the remote central locking stopped working I was quoted £49.00 for this 4 hours later I'm still sat there ! I was told it needs a new convenience control module . This operates things like central locking , door chimes , alarms and safety features at £743.53 it's something on my I've got to save for list

Just as any car really , side of the road checks are never brilliant , I bought mine 2 years ago of eBay for £2000 and it's never let me down until electrical prob as above , good luck with it buying a used car is always a bit of a gamble