Brought a new car..............

.....but it's still a diseasal!! lol

After 5 happy years with my Tdi, I have decided to swap it for a mk5 GT Tdi sport (still not a VR6 tho).

For about 5 minutes I thought about getting a sensible estate car (Having just had a baby and wheelchair using mother! plus the dog to squeeze in) but decided I am still way too young for that!!!

I've done some research on it but just wondered if anyone has any feedback on them?

Looking forward to picking it up next week :-)

Donna

That's a 170 isn't it? I had a 170 A3 TDI and if you only do round town driving the DPF fills up quickly and then it starts screaming at you to empty it, which involves driving at 50mph in third gear for like 20 mins. And you have to do this otherwise it will fill up so much it can never be emptied and can be a fire hazard. This was the whole reason we now have a 140 A3 TDI and not a 170.

ahh good to see your sticking with the dirt dervs !!! ;o) ..... not bad cars them I quite like them go quite well to i would have one .....

Tony, as if I would let you be alone in the Dirty Dervs club ;-) It does seem to go quite well, obviously as a law abiding citizen I adhered to the speed limits on the test drive and will continue to do so!!

That's a 170 isn't it? I had a 170 A3 TDI and if you only do round town driving the DPF fills up quickly and then it starts screaming at you to empty it' date=' which involves driving at 50mph in third gear for like 20 mins. And you have to do this otherwise it will fill up so much it can never be emptied and can be a fire hazard. This was the whole reason we now have a 140 A3 TDI and not a 170.

[/quote']

No it's a 140, which is enough for me :-)

Helen I will pop some pic's up as soon as I can x

That's a 170 isn't it? I had a 170 A3 TDI and if you only do round town driving the DPF fills up quickly and then it starts screaming at you to empty it' date=' which involves driving at 50mph in third gear for like 20 mins. And you have to do this otherwise it will fill up so much it can never be emptied and can be a fire hazard. This was the whole reason we now have a 140 A3 TDI and not a 170.

[/quote']

No it's a 140, which is enough for me :-)

You saved yourself a heap of hassle then lol