golf vr6 MOT emmisions question????? UPDATE 9-4-2013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just had my golf vr6 1992 MOT'd it passed on the CO emmissions at 0.91% non catalyst test even though its got a CAT on it thats new.

i thought the CO emmissions pass was below 0.30 % or am i wrong??

Fast idle limit is 0.200%' date=' between 2500 and 3000 rpm.

Idle test after a short pediod has a limit of 0.300%.. that is obviously at idle.

As said above, the cat isn't working, so it 'should' have failed on emissions.

[/quote']

it says on the sheet non catalyst test as my car is pre august 1992.

the cat is brand spanking new???

ive also looked at my fiesta rs turbo emmissions from 6 months ago and that says 1.37% CO emmissions and that doesnt have a cat. my golf vr6 was 0.91%.

says on the emmissions test max is 3.5%??

yes my car is pre august 1992, ive just had the car fully set-up at stealth racing 4 weeks ago with a re-map. ive also had it on a probe with a de-cat and it was 0.9 CO. so the same reading with a brand new cat on the car?? weird??

What results do you have from oxygen sensor? A faulty sensor 'normally' gives readings a bit higher than that, but could still be reading wrong? After all, I bet Vince remapped it with his own A/F sensor at the tail pipes not using VCDS on your oxygen sensor readings.

Might be worth chucking it on vag com and see what the readings are.

What results do you have from oxygen sensor? A faulty sensor 'normally' gives readings a bit higher than that' date=' but could still be reading wrong? After all, I bet Vince remapped it with his own A/F sensor at the tail pipes not using VCDS on your oxygen sensor readings.

Might be worth chucking it on vag com and see what the readings are.

[/quote']

hi russ lambda sensor is brand new buddy, only other figure on there is HC which is hydrocarbons, that reads 203ppm. vince @ stealth didnt stick anything up the exhaust, i was in the workshop the whole time buddy.

ive had the vr6 on a probe with a de-cat and that read 0.90co and with the brand new cat it still reads 0.90co so its pointing to the cat not working! i know its pre august 1992 so i dont need to worry about having a cat but thats not the point as with this new cat i should expect to see 0.30co reading for my piece of mind. obviously if a sensor was buggered it would read well above 1%co

• 8 months later...