• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oi oi. I got the Lexan windows delivered today Front window with sliders already fitted. These come with a locking system fitted Windows locked Windows unlocked Nice simple system but keeps people

Yeah they are, top fella really helpful and pretty quick too 

I thought I'd show some of the work I've done so far to my Golf n it's quiet at work!!! I took my old VR6 for its MOT and it came back with load of problems n with all the rust all over the car it wa

Hopefully these are winging there way to me now.
I know they look creamed but with the look I'm going for I can't go for new as they would look daft. But there structurally sound and light weight which is what I'm looking for.

null-169.png

Edited by Yann

Got home last night from the UK-MK3's meet at the Ace Cafe last night to find I had a delivery. My Cobra Imolas have been delivered. Seats, harnesses and side mounts for a steal.

And there not as bad as I first thought bit of a clean up and there should look spot on.

Edited by Yann
  • 2 weeks later...

Right most of you know that I was building a VR rat twist after I found a pic on Facebook of what I thought was photo shopped but looking on the internet I've found out the car is real. Now I don't know what to do, I don't want to be seen as copying someone else. Do I carry on or change?????????? I know some of you probably won't like it but I like that people don't

http://www.tuningsuche.de/bilder/VW-GOLF-III-1H1-11-1995-von-Dirty-Harry-17747_o0.html

Managed to get the wing fitted Saturday which turned into a mare when I dropped the 13mm socket and took me nearly half hour to find it again!!! and one of the headlights. Sunday I sprayed the stubbies ready to fit. 

null_zps9df99c23.jpg

null_zps92b7a244.jpg

null_zps16d0d440.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics but there's not alot of room in there garage lol

And the wing mirrors

null_zps7f0e13cf.jpg

null_zps79f2d506.jpg

If I get my delivery tomorrow I should have the interior in apart from the seats bolted in, I need to get the brackets for them.

Edited by Yann
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to getting the cloth door cards I brought in and the custom cage, I was surprised how well the cage went in last time it was a pain in a** but went straight in this time. There's still a bit to do inside like the wiring for the I.C.E, the seats aren't mounted yet and a few other things I need to get to the breakers for but it mostly done. (Sorry for the poor pics in advance)

image-11.jpg

image-14.jpg

Also fitted the mk3 stubbie wing mirrors

image-16.jpg

Edited by Yann

After chatting with a few people looks like the jap rims I've got can't have the welds removed so if your ever buy 3 piece rims make sure there not Japanese.

So looks like I'll be running 16x7.5" wide rims to start with.

Who else is running 7.5" rims?

I wanna use spacers what's best width spacers to go for to improve the looks?

• 3 weeks later...

I run 7.5 up front with et35 offset I think and I needed 20mm spacers for the to clear the caliper but I've been told that that's just dare drrs's. I have to run 195 width tyres tho otherwise the tread sits out of the arches I also like a bit of stretch and ive got 205's on my rears which are 8.5's