vr6 not starting then runs and cuts out - SORTED PAGE 4!!!!!!!

no joy anyway budd, tried the spare relays.

waiting to get my multimeter so i can see if im getting any voltage to the ignition coil. also from what ive read ignition switches play up, im guessing thats it the steering wheel compartment somewhere?

Ahh ok didn't want you sitting there wondering why nothing was changing lol. My old obd1 engine used to start and cut out then start and be fine. That was something to do with the heated O2 sensor(lambda). May also sound strange but fairly cheap to try Is the ignition switch.

Ahh ok didn't want you sitting there wondering why nothing was changing lol. My old obd1 engine used to start and cut out then start and be fine. That was something to do with the heated O2 sensor(lambda). May also sound strange but fairly cheap to try Is the ignition switch.

cheers ash' date=' my lambda sensor is brand new.

well im waiting for my multimeter to come through so i can test power to ignition coil, but from searching the ignition switch causes havoc! where is this ignition switch located? steering compartment im guessing?

regards[/b']

It's on the end of the key barrel held unplaced by two small screws. You'll have to remove the plastic covering the steering column. And it's a right pain to get to.

one of these ash in the ebay link? -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ignition-Switch-VW-GOLF-MKIII-91-99-/380361519952?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf%7CCars+Type%3A2.8+VR6&hash=item588f503350