If it tuned or not doesn't matter: A VR6 has injectors more than big enough for its NA output,. Some people even run low boost on them.

The reason I asked what your goal is this: If your going forced induction and need more fuel, then fine, as who ever is tuning it can build this into your tune. That being said, you will be better off with larger injectors.

If you think that you need more fuel and your engine is NA, your wrong AND the ECU will work around this with no power gain. It works like this. In normal closed loop lambda regulation the ECU calculates a lambda correction factor, If you put a 4 bar FPR into a system that is 3 bar, the ECU will calculate roughly -10% trims. This trim value is then applied to the entire rev range. The ONLY thing you get from doing this is big negative fuel trims. Fuelling across the rev range after adaption will be IDENTICAL for 3 bar and 4 bar FPR's

In short. If your are NA, don't waste your time or money.

Low boost on stock injectors? Really?! I would never chance that. Certainly not before they've been flow checked and cleaned etc as they're nearly 20 years old now some of the VR6 injectors.

How come VW went up to 4 bar on the Corrado? To get the power at the top end or to improve low duty atomisation because of the slower gas speeds from the less restrictive intake?

All OBD1 VR engines ran 4 bar Kev which is why all Corrados have them. I guess it was maybe to do with the factory software or something but im sure Matt would be able to confirm that.

Also, anywhere to 6psi or so seems to be fine on standard injectors. Stage 1 with a Vortech charger helps produce 250hp or so, that software uses factory injectors.

Low boost on stock injectors? Really?! I would never chance that. Certainly not before they've been flow checked and cleaned etc as they're nearly 20 years old now some of the VR6 injectors.

Me either

How come VW went up to 4 bar on the Corrado? To get the power at the top end or to improve low duty atomisation because of the slower gas speeds from the less restrictive intake?

They didn't. When the VR6 was 1st produced (OBD1) they were 4 bar and then when going to OBD2, they went down to 3 bar. Remember all Corrado VR6's were OBD1 from the factory.

I can only think they did this to stay in line with the design/test characteristics of the injector they used, and also reducing stress on the fuel pump.

I can only think they did this to stay in line with the design/test characteristics of the injector they used' date=' and also reducing stress on the fuel pump.

[/quote']

But aren't there 3 and 4 bar rated pumps though? The OBD2 Golf's is definitely a different unit to the Corrado's.

I was just curious really. It just seems odd to use identical injectors on ODB1 and OBD2, but run 4 bar on one and 3 bar on the other. OEs do like to chop and change though!!